In this episode of Fringe Legal Edge, host Abhijat Saraswat speaks with Jackie Nagtegaal on access to justice (A2J) and the future of the justice system.
Jackie is a futurist and lawyer working within the legal landscape, spotting trends and developments that go beyond the hype. She unpacks the system as a whole and connects possibilities within the field of law. She has extensive leadership and legal workflow management experience, managing teams of 300+. She has also been involved in designing and implementing LegalTech and AI successfully. Jackie heads up LAW FOR ALL, an alternative legal service provider that fights for access to justice.
- World Justice Project (WJP) rule of law index 2010
- LawforAll South Africa
- Harvard A2J Lab has a bold mission:
- enable far more people, especially those who can’t afford to hire lawyers, to access civil justice;
- make the criminal justice system fairer and more efficient; and
- promote the dignity and respect of individuals and families as they encounter the justice system.
- This week tech platform Legaler, launched Legaler Aid – a way to crowdfunded social justice cases