Stevie Ghiassi is CEO of Legaler, a secure online communication and collaboration tool for lawyers, CEO of Legaler Aid, a blockchain-based legal aid service that promotes access to justice, as well as President of the Australian Legal Technology Association.
Stevie wears a number of hats, and most recently he published the viral book Blockchain for Lawyers. Rather than talking about the ins-and-outs of blockchain technology, instead we focus on what learning about matters and the impact it will have on the legal profession.
We cover the following in this episode:
- Stevie’s journey into legal technology
- How and why Legaler founded
- The issue of access to justice, and how Legaler Aid aims to create a more accountable & transparent solution to this problem
- What is the blockchain and why does it matter
- The biggest change in trust, and how this will disrupt the nature of legal work
- Thinking about the speed of transactions on the blockchain, and the upcoming public network Legaler is working on
- The idea of global ID based on the blockchain
- Australia as the hotbed of legal technology
Full show notes can be found at http://fringelegal.com/s1-e3-stevie-ghiassi-on-blockchain-disrupting-legal.
Please subscribe, and if you enjoyed the episode help me by leaving a review.