Season 2, Episode 2
Peter Buck of NetDocuments on tackling multi-teaming
- Art (culture and perception) and science (data and engineering supporting the argument) of product design
- Multi-teaming: people working on multiple projects simultaneously, which has many benefits as well as many risks. How does this affects knowledge professionals
- Who’s feeling the pain from constant context switching
- Multi-teaming is more prominent with seniority
- How to structure teams to minimize destructive conflict
- Measuring productivity = output as a function of input
- Jamie Teevan’s research looking into micro-productivity as a way to leverage micro-moments throughout one’s day
- It takes almost 25 mins to reach full productivity, but you’re interrupted every 3 minutes
Special guest: Peter Buck
Host: abhijat saraswat
Abhijat (“Ab”) Saraswat is a non-practicing Barrister, and holds a BSc. in Forensic Science and Neuroscience from the University of Keele.
Ab is the host of the Fringe Legal podcast. In addition, Ab works as the Director of International Business at Litera Microsystems helping some of the world’s largest and most prestigious law firms with their technology needs. His work focuses on helping lawyers to create & deliver higher quality legal services, faster.