Season 1, Episode 10
Clarissa Rayward on finding happiness in the practice of law
Some of the items we cover in the episode include (numbers are time codes):
- How Clarissa went from studying marine biology, to interior design to a practicing lawyer
- How to provide a delight experience to clients even (or perhaps especially) when they are going through difficult situations -> 8.04
- Developing a client centric practice to deliver law in a different way -> 9.14
- Why empathy is so powerful in the practice of law. What is the difference between sympathy and empathy, and how the latter can elevate your practice -> 10.48
- The origins of the “Happy Lawyer” -> 15.06
- How to avoid/manage burnout & stress as a lawyer or any other professional -> 18.30
- How to identify things in your life that cultivate happiness -> 23.28
- The science behind gratitude -> 25.50
- Failure is ok, and learning from failure; restarting -> 31.15
Please subscribe, and if you enjoyed the episode help me by leaving a review.
Special guest: Clarissa rayward
Host: abhijat saraswat
Abhijat (“Ab”) Saraswat is a non-practicing Barrister, and holds a BSc. in Forensic Science and Neuroscience from the University of Keele.
Ab is the host of the Fringe Legal podcast. In addition, Ab works as the Director of International Business at Litera Microsystems helping some of the world’s largest and most prestigious law firms with their technology needs. His work focuses on helping lawyers to create & deliver higher quality legal services, faster.