Season 2, Episode 4
Nina Gratrick on Technology Transformation and Evolution of IT Service Delivery
Nina Gratrick is the Head of IT Services at the global law firm of Watson Farley & Williams. We talk about how the evolution of IT service delivery, and how by being customer centric, it’s possible to push the boundaries of change at your firm.
Take aways from the episode:
- Nina’s role as a customer advocate within the IT department
- The real investment doesn’t always come in the short term, it comes at a cultural shift level
- The difference in the learning curve between when Nina first got her start in the legal profession vs. now; one of the main difference is the increase of integration between different systems
- How do you think about measuring the value of success to the business. Can you provide solutions that show value to 80% of the business quickly, and then cater for the more nuanced use cases from there?
- On being flexible: do you want to be a tanker in the ocean, where you’ve decided on your direction, on your journey, and that’s the way you’re going. In order to move/change it requires a lot of work; Or, do you want to be a fleet, where you can move as a large unit really quickly, but you can also change direction just as quickly.
- There shouldn’t be more complexity at work, compared to how things work within people’s person lives
- We’re constantly fixing the same thing – there needs to be a transformation, where we get people to think about technology in a different way
- How do you cross-sell your products/services as the law firm, leveraging the brand and data
- As a tech vendor or a firm-based incubator it gives you access to a wide spectrum of use cases
- The importance of change management within firm, and how customer success teams provided by tech vendors help drive this cultural shift at the firm
- Fail fast, fail smart. Push the boundaries of change.
Special guest: Nina Gratrick
Nina Gratrick is the Head of IT Services at the global law firm of Watson Farley & Williams.
Nina Gratrick An experienced Service Delivery Manager with a demonstrated history of working in the legal industry at a global level. She’s a skilled resource manager capable of crossing the divide between technology and people; facilitating engagement at all levels. A coach, a mentor, an agent for change within organisations, supporting people, process and technology transformation to reshape the vision of IT services and support.
Connect with Nina on LinkedIn.
Host: abhijat saraswat
Abhijat (“Ab”) Saraswat is a non-practicing Barrister, and holds a BSc. in Forensic Science and Neuroscience from the University of Keele.
Ab is the host of the Fringe Legal podcast. In addition, Ab works as the Director of International Business at Litera Microsystems helping some of the world’s largest and most prestigious law firms with their technology needs. His work focuses on helping lawyers to create & deliver higher quality legal services, faster.