Season 2, Episode 7
Creating new business opportunities using no-code platforms with Jackson Liu of Neota Logic
Jackson Liu is a recovering lawyer and management consultant. He currently serves as Vice President, Markets & Growth for Neota Logic. In this role, he is responsible for growing the company’s presence across the globe by working with clients to create solutions and derive value out of the Neota Logic AI automation platform.
In recent years, there has been an increase in the number of no-code application development platforms being available. Specifically, there has been an uptick in the adoption of these platforms within the legal profession.
In this episode, we speak with Jackson Liu on Neota Logic to get a primer on no-code application development.
A trend that we’re seeing with professional service firms and law firms is that they would build a solution or a product for a particular client and then realize we can actually market this product or this application more broadly. Through the no-code platform, they’re able to customize it very, very quickly for other clients.
Amongst other items, we cover:
- What is a no-code platform
- How these products can be used for rapid prototyping/development
- Create MVP quickly, so it can be made available to early adopters; allow for iterative development through user feedback
- How no-code platforms are being used by firms; three use case we explore are:
- Internal efficiency purposes to address the ‘more for less’ challenge
- Develop revenue-generating solutions
- To win client RFPs: using the rapid prototype process to respond to RFPs with an actually built application
- How Neota, using the right adoption resources & strategies, gets lawyers to become no-code “architects”
- A2J: how do you prepare students (lawyers of tomorrow) through partnerships with universities/colleges/law schools
Special guest: Jackson Liu
Jackson is a recovering lawyer and management consultant. Originally from Melbourne, Australia, he relocated to New York in 2019 and currently serves as Vice President, Markets & Growth for Neota Logic. In this role, he is responsible for growing the company’s presence across the globe by working with clients to create solutions and derive value out of the Neota Logic AI automation platform. Prior to the move, Jackson implemented and oversaw the Customer Experience and consulting framework for Neota Logic’s APAC region for 2.5 years. He has a specific interest in how technology can positively impact the Tax, Legal and Compliance space for both corporates and professional service firms.
Jackson was previously a senior adviser for KPMG Australia’s Advisory business where he assisted the leadership team in navigating disruptions arising from acquisitions, alliances regulatory and technological change. This is underpinned by extensive international experience having worked for a global business consulting firm with engagements undertaken in Africa, Asia and America.
Host: abhijat saraswat
Abhijat (“Ab”) Saraswat is a non-practicing Barrister, and holds a BSc. in Forensic Science and Neuroscience from the University of Keele.
Ab is the host of the Fringe Legal podcast. In addition, Ab works as the Director of International Business at Litera Microsystems helping some of the world’s largest and most prestigious law firms with their technology needs. His work focuses on helping lawyers to create & deliver higher quality legal services, faster.